Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ME and my paintings..

when i was little, i have no interest in drawing, but i enjoy admiring great paintings, especially scenic views. I have always thought i could not draw, so in my school days i took up HOME SCIENCE instead of ART. To me Home Science is more useful, as being a female, we have to know the basic of the HOME Kitchen. Home Science is the teaching of basic sewing, pastry making, cakes making, cleaning kitchen tips, cleaning stains tips. Whenever we have Home Science lesson, we will bake cookies...Mmmmm.. the aroma is so nice...the next door Science Lab students could smell...but cannot eat !..

When i reached higher level of education, there is no Home Science ! ooh...i was forced to take up ART drawing. We drew pictures of "still live" with just a plain 2B pencil, and also learnt about water colouring arts. I have 2 classmates who drew very well. However, i could still get a Credit for my Art during my final public exam. I draw a still live picture of a flower vase. My drawing stopped there, though somehow it ran in my family. My eldest sister is quite a good artist. Ooh..her son now is a real GOOD Artist...


Later now after 15 years, i met my teacher Ms Hong Pok Giak at a local Chinese Primary School in Subang Jaya, near Kuala Lumpur. She is a chinese painting and Calligraphy Artist. I took the Chinese Painting with her. It has been 3 years now. i began to understand more on Art drawing the controlling of water, the playing of colors, the beauty of Art... my favourite painting is the Lotus flower. 1 stroke, 2 strokes ...it is completed ! oooh...so easy ?? no... 1 stroke...too much water, then it is gone !... there is always hardwork before you succeed... Success does not come easy...



this is my painting of the LOTUS flower.






anyone interested in my teacher or my painting, can also leave a comment on my blog. I will keep drawing whenever i can.. as practice makes perfect...



No comments:

Post a Comment